- Students will be able to demonstrate the safety standards necessary to be successful in an industrial workplace setting.
- Students will be able to set up and operate the equipment used for the GMAW process.
- Students will use welding terminology to communicate with instructors and other students.
- Students will be able to perform basic welding techniques using GMAW on structural steel applications.
What are the requirements to take this course?
It is recommended that students be able to lift 50 pounds and have good color perception. Students need to have manual dexterity, good eyesight, and good hand - eye coordination.
The welding industry is an inherently dangerous occupation. As such, the teaching environment for welding training can also be potentially dangerous. Welding torches, gasses, equipment and machinery can all be potentially harmful if improperly handled. Students may be exposed to burns, cuts, bruises, and other hazards. It is imperative that all students always follow the direction of the instructors.
Our programs simulate a workplace environment requiring students to dress appropriately. Sleeved shirts, long pants and leather shoes should be worn at all times along with any required PPE: Personal Protective Equipment.
Required PPE: must comply with ANSI Z49.1
- Safety glasses with side shields
- Welding helmet
- Welding gloves suited for the particular process
- Welding jacket or sleeves suited for the particular process
When is it offered?
This is a 16-Week 1-semester course that is offered twice a year starting in August and January.
The Class is held on Monday's and Wednesday's from 5pm to 8pm.
El Cajon Valley High School
1035 E Madison Ave, El Cajon, CA 92021
What is the job outlook?
Employment opportunities, link to SDWP data, job board, CA EDD, Bureau of Labor Statistics website.
What are my growth opportunities?
||Average Salary in CA